"For me, the colander represents freedom — our freedom of religion and to whatever religion that we prefer or even lack of religion. It’s hard living as a non-religious person in Oklahoma so it felt good to be recognized." — Shawna Hammond, proud adherent to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
You go girl. You get extra meatballs in your pasta sauce. Maybe an extra slice of garlic bread too if I’m feeling extra-generous.
Please. Nobody talk to me for the rest of the day. I have to go home and clip coupons and wash my clothes in the bathtub and set my own broken tibia and learn to churn my own butter because I am poor while somebody is spending $6,666 per square foot of concrete to leak motor oil on.
So he should go to jail.
John Crawford is dead because ONE paranoid white man and his wife decided he was a threat to public safety and called 911. The story he originally gave police is falling apart because — SURPRISE! —- there are security cameras, so now he’s changed his tune.
I don’t need to put other women down to feel better about myself
1. Who you are is what makes you special. Don’t compromise your identity for others.
2. What the future holds will remain a secret. Don’t hold back from living a full life.
3. When life knocks you down, get back up and fight again.
4. When you’re faced with a decision, make the one you won’t regret.
5. Why stuff happens is a mystery. Don’t seek explanations – just choose to embrace life.
When you’re faced with a decision, make the one you won’t regret.